Friday, February 18, 2011

29. Vienna & Interpol

The Channel Travel Samantha Brown Vacations series show from 12:30 to 1:00PM today her trip to Vienna. This show is flashing back to my trip there in the Fall of 1973 attending the Interpol General Assembly representing the Police of the then Khmer Republic. I was assisted by Chief of Criminal Police, Officer CHHIM Phonary. Vienna is truly a beautiful city, home of many artists and musicians and of the famous Dancing Horses and the Walse.
   After the Vienna conference I returned back to Paris, and with the arrangement made by the US EMbassy in Phnom Penh, me and my then wife Krasna have made a 10 days visit to the United States visiting Washington DC and New York. In DC I visit the museum of the Federal Bureau of Investigation better known as the FBI and attended a few briefings on diverse topics. I also stopped by the marine base in Maryland and met my cousin YOUK Nado who attended a training there. In New York it was sight seeing tour with the visit of the State Empire Building in particular. A visit was arranged for me to tour the City of New York Traffic Control Room. My US trip began on October 17th and I left on the Holloween Night that I did not much of its tradition. We arrived back to Paris on November 1, 1973 on continued our route to Phnom Penh with a few days stop over in Tokyo staying at the Khmer Embassy with my class mate KY Beng Horn.

Sad note: Krasna was killed by the Khmer Rouge in early 1978.

No comments:

Post a Comment