Friday, February 18, 2011

28. Parti Societe de Justice - PSJ

Or Keaknakpak Sangkum Yutethor in Khmer. 2 days ago last Feb. 17th I received an email from a newly found friend from France now residing in Cambodia. He asked me to find a few compatriots to go and help him to re-energize the above political party that can be translated as Justice Society Party (JSP) of which he is General Secretary. We have talked about it over the phone before but I did not expect that e-mail. It was kind of a choc and took some time to think it over. For since the signing of the Paris Peace Agreement in 1991, I did quit all "political activitiies" and did not belong to any Cambodian political party. Yes I am a contributing member of the American Democratic Party.
   Back to the JSP because of the word Justice in its name I kind of like it. For I quote often somewhere the MLK, Jr. statement that Peace is not simply the absence of conflicts but it is the presence of Justice. A party with this word Justice is appealing. But since I am faithfull to my conscience, last night after deep thought regret I responded to him that I can not help. I did suggest to him to band together with other small parties to have more strength. He still can advocate for Justice. It is needed. I hope he is not too disappointed with me...and meditate on what I said. We connected on Face Book and it happened that his wife was from the same village of my birth place: Phum Prek Ta Sar, Khum Prek Ta Sar, Srok Peareang, Khet Prey Veng. She wrote to mw that she attended the school that I had built long time ago after I had ajob.
   This small village is also of Mr. MAK Phoeun, a historian who is now living in France. A close friend and relative, he works at C.N.R.S, have translated many historical documents binded into 3 volumes on Khmer history and wrote also monographes.

No comments:

Post a Comment