Saturday, February 5, 2011

15. HISTOIRE DES KHMERS

"HISTOIRE DES KHMERS - L'Odyssee du peuple cambodgien" is the title of a book written by Professor THACH Toan and published by L'Harmattan in France in 2009. I visited and stay with him at his apartment in Nice, France a few nights when his book just came out from the press. He gave me a copy; and recently he translated into Khmer printed in Cambodia. There were books written in the subject but what is new is that this author is presenting new understanding of the Khmer culture and new interpretation of the events and institutions that are inherent to the Khmer civilization. A book to read.
   Yesterday I talked to him just to say hello and he told me that he is in the middle of writing a new book - he say that he is getting old and it is slow to finish. It is half way done.
   I have known Prof. THACH for a long time. He served in the Khmer Republic 2nd Long Boret Government as Minister of Labor and Social Action, and I was Under-Secretary for National Security.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment